The Hazardous Waste Collection Technician works both indoors and outdoors at plants, labs, and customer sites; and is responsible for assisting with daily lab packs within customer facilities, household hazardous waste (HHW) collections and lab moves.
For efficiency, waste is collected by a team of two technicians. This role is will be partnered with a driver for waste collection in the field.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors?
to view a Day in the Life Video!
Why work for Clean Harbors
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Safe and compliant execution of lab pack projects/jobs and the proper packaging of material/waste and off specifications of commercial products
- Print required labels and labels drums and assure driver of an expedient pick-up. Load/pack materials/wastes properly and segregate for compatibility the waste material on transport vehicle
- Overall quality control of waste materials to be shipped.
- Understand customer specific disposal restrictions/special packaging requirements
- Chemistry knowledge a plus but not required
- Comfortable working with Hazardous Waste
- Manual labor required - will assist with loading and unloading truck
- Ability to work side by side with another
- Monday - Friday, 5:00 a.m. start time
- Ability to work Saturday's on occasion (based on customer needs)
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned by management; will be required to meet Clean Harbors customer expectations
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. College degree in chemistry, biology, geology, or other natural science preferred,
- Detailed oriented and able to multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to use a laptop with Microsoft experience
- 40-hour HAZWOPER and DOT training preferred
- Previous labor-intensive background preferred
- Valid Driver's License and clean driver record
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology - come be part of the solution with us. We thank all those interested in joining th
Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.