Our Dolton, IL is looking for a Warehouse Chemical Technician / Receiving Chemist I is responsible for working in the facility warehouse to complete tasks associated with receiving and sampling waste drums.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Receives all containers, verifies counts and sizes of received loads and properly codes all waste for disposal processing;
- Samples all incoming drums and performs basic analysis of samples following prescribed procedures;
- Sorts through batteries and consolidates all the alkaline batteries for disposal;
- Confirms that all drums are properly and accurately coded for routing and billing according to protocol;
- Ensures all drums are assigned the proper disposal process and/or outbound profile;
- Moves drums from staging area to proper facility storage areas;
- Completes all associated paperwork and ensures that all work meets applicable QA/QC guidelines; and
- Maintains a safe working environment that complies with all applicable OSHA regulations as well as all applicable company Health & Safety and Compliance protocols.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Associate's Degree in a Science or related field is preferred;
- Experience in a similar environment such as warehouse, facility, etc.;
- Proficient with Windows based applications, specifically Excel;
- Forklift experience is a definite asset;
- Good communication and organizational skills; and
- Ability to work in team environment.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at .
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology - come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.